Sacred Earth Wholefoods is a health food and holistic wellness store nestled in the fertile heart of Tamborine Mountain. A family working together to be of helpful service to the local community. Offering the highest quality organic, natural and ethical foods and products possible so that customers can lead their best possible lives.
They believe food is medicine and should nourish, heal and enhance health. In order to fulfil their mission, they constantly strive to source the latest innovations from local, Australian suppliers in nutrient-rich, pure ethical products. With a remarkable range of items, come and visit the friendly team at Sacred Earth Wholefoods and let them add some health and happiness to your life.
Organic Bircher Muesli
Our in-house Organic Bircher Muesli is a mix of creamy oats with almonds, flaxseeds, coconut, plump sweet fruits and a generous helping of cinnamon. It can be prepared in advance and stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
• 2 cups organic Australian oats
• 1/4 cup shredded organic coconut
• 1/4 cup organic currants
• 1/4 cup organic sultanas
• 2 tbs organic flaxseeds
• 1/4 cup roughly chopped organic raw almonds
• 2 large organic apples
• 3 tbsp organic maple syrup
• 1 tbsp organic lemon juice
• 1 tsp organic cinnamon
• 1 1/2 cups coconut yoghurt (or dairy yoghurt of your choice)
• 1 cup water/nut milk to cover
• yoghurt, flaxseed oil and cinnamon to serve
1. Grate apples and combine with lemon juice in a large bowl.
2. Add oats, coconut, currants, sultanas, flax seeds, almonds, maple syrup, yoghurt and water/milk. Mix and cover overnight in the fridge.
3. After sitting overnight, divide into bowls and top with a dollop of yoghurt, a drizzle of flaxseed oil and a dusting of cinnamon.
Organic Millet and Black Beluga Lentil Salad
This is the recipe for the ever popular organic millet and black beluga lentil salad that we serve in-store. This is a great salad to take along to a BBQ or picnic and travels well. Economical to prepare and appeals to a lot of people. Millet can be substituted with brown rice or anything similar.
• 2 cups organic millet or biodynamic rain fed brown rice cooked
• 60ml extra virgin organic Australian olive oil
• 60ml organic lemon juice
• 1/2 cup pepitas
• 1 cup organic frozen peas
• 1 medium white onion finely diced
• 2 large carrots peeled and diced
• 1 bunch parsley leaves picked and finely chopped
• celtic sea salt
• freshly ground black pepper
1. When the millet or rice is cooked, spread it over the surface of a large wide bowl and cool for at least 3 hours.
2. Blanch diced carrots and peas and set aside to cool.
3. Once the millet or rice is cooled, combine in a large bowl and pour in olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix.
4. Place combined ingredients in the fridge for 30 minutes so the millet or rice soaks up the dressing.
5. Add the remaining ingredients and gently toss. Taste and add more seasoning if required.